I have a spare encoder input on a 7i33 so I moved one of the motor
>> encoders to that input. I am getting zero noise on that channel
>>
>> Has anyone else had noise issues with 7i29 drives?
>>
>> Les

The first thing I think of is that somehow your 7i29 is grounded
differently from your 7i33.

Is there possibly more than one ground on the 7i29?  Possibly a shield that
is connected at both ends or some thing else creating a group loop.

If not grounding differences then there must be a difference in the input
networks of the two cards.  Do you have schematics?

Still I'd guess grounds are it.   Have you rigorously checked that it is
single point grounded?   It's easy for a loop to sneak in if there are many
wires

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California