I would plug into the device directly, without a switch in the middle.

Dave

On 12/13/2017 4:19 PM, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:
The lights do not turn on the switch port that your Ethercat device is
plugged into?
Light turn on both on LAN9252 card and switch.

Did you install TwinCat 2 or TwinCat 3.   I have TwinCat 3 loaded on a
laptop here.
I use twincat 3 but there are two switches in between on the local network. I
can't see any Ethercat frames on the local network then running scan. Maybe I
should connect Ethercat card directly to computer.

Check this out.  This is for TwinCat2
https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/tcsystemmanager/reference/ethercat/html/EtherCAT_intro.htm&id=

See the Suchen button.  I think that is "search" in German.

https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/cu1128/1037001483.html&id=

https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/epp1xxx/2154676107.html&id=
I looked a these.