On 02/02/2018 07:49 AM, Todd Zuercher wrote:
Envisioning a Cartesian machine with parallel axis with overlapping
work areas.  Is there a way to prevent/predict crashes between these
overlapping axis with some sort of dynamic soft limit system? For
example X can travel from 0-100, and U can travel from 20-120, U can
be located in any position in its travel so long as it is greater
than X, and X can only go to a position less than U. Now for a
further twist, what if it were two separate Linuxcnc controls with
overlapping areas. With X on machine 1 (X1) and X on machine 2 (X2).
Running separate G-code simultaneously but still needing to predict
or at least prevent interference.  (Not sure this will be possible)

I'd try to do the X/U coupling in the kinematics.

I haven't given any thought to coordinating between multiple instances of LinuxCNC at that level.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky