I can envision three scenarios that have to be considered from my very
limited experience.

Scenario 1 - Fixed timing - When tools are set up relative timing of the
operations do not vary.  Throughout the run of the program, the operations
will be in a coordinated dance that will be known up front and collisions
are anticipated and handshakes will be instituted for one operation to take
precedence in that collision zone/time.  Lots of setup and upfront analysis
- Once set, no changes can be allowed.  Probably what is done now if at all.

Scenario 2 - Dynamic Timing - This would be where the operation timings are
allowed to vary either by operator choice such as slowing/speeding up one
operation due to wear concerns or interruptions.  In this second scenario,
it seems you would need 3 trajectory planners  - one for each operation and
one to coordinate the "dance" between the two.

Scenario 3 - Priority - In this you would essentially have just two
machines.  When one operation first enters the overlap area, a switch flags
"I own the space".  The operation would then continue until it exits the
space where the switch flips to "space open".  If during this time, the
second machine is approaching the overlap, it would see the flag and either
slow its approach (if there is a timer associated with the flag and
communicated by the trajectory planner of first operation) or stop until it
sees the "space open" flag.   It would then resume into the overlap and
take control of that space until it exits.  Outside of the overlap area,
the operations would not be limited.

Either way, I imagine interruptions to operations/machine movements that
probably should not be interrupted.

Just some thoughts.  Your concept made my mind wander for a bit and I am
most likely all wet.