On Sun, Mar 4, 2018, at 10:40 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2018 20:23:01 Chris Albertson wrote:
>
> > I'm not contributing to EMC development so I have no say in how to do
> > it.  But I'd suggest a move to Github.  Not just because they are
> > stable but because Git offers a better way to work

> > > Yes, Sourceforge is having problems.
> > >
> This, I'm afraid, is symptomatic of a site thats well on the way of going
> broke. We should get used to the idea of doing it ourselves, before the
> whole code base disappears. They have already lost the Nitros9 code base
> and can't seem to find it, its an hg repo, and its been months since
> I've been able to refresh my copy with an hg pull.
>
> Contingency plans are in order.

Just to clarify a few things:

The code base is absolutely not at risk.

The LinuxCNC code was moved off of Sourceforge years ago.  It was on a
privately hosted git server for a while, but was moved to github several months
ago.

The LinuxCNC website is also NOT on Sourceforge.  I'm not exactly sure where it
is hosted now, but it hasn't been at SF for years.

The only thing we use Sourceforge for now is the mailing lists.

--
  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm