Chris
I would like to run Linuxcnc but headless so the PocketBeagle will be great for that. I dont really need the network connection as the system will run a couple of simple commands that can be activated from buttons. My brief required a simple operators interface so it's buttons only.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chris Albertson" <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
To: "Marius Liebenberg" <mar...@mastercut.co.za>; "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: 2018-04-05 18:54:35
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] One servo system

The comment to use psocketbeagle and MK if Linux is required is good.
I just looked up psocketbeagle and I don't see any network interface.
 Likely if you want a Linux based controller it is so you can access
it remotely.     You might get a USB/Wifi dongle to work but it would
be better to buy a board with built-in networking if networking is
important.   But the pocket beagle could always use a serial line for
networking if all you need is a text window and a few file transfers.

If you don't need Linix then it can be much simpler (An Arduino would
work) but remote access is a very nice feature to have.  Nice enough
that I'd go with a card that has built in wifi.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 6:32 AM, Marius Liebenberg