How do you temper your Plexi??  Heat it up the area with a hot air gun or ??

Dave

On 8/3/2018 12:22 PM, Bengt Sjölund wrote:
You always have to temper the PLEXI after using cutting tools to get rid of 'tensions' built up by the cutting! This is a MUST DO !!!

Have been doing domes for underwater photography 30-40 years back and for sure all my domes where fixed with screws and appropriate washers.

/Bengt

Den 2018-08-03 kl. 18:01, skrev Dave Cole:
>>screws are forbidden

You just have to be careful.  Don't over tighten the screws. Use washers, etc. They make drills specifically for plexiglass.    The tip angles are different than standard drills. You must drill plexiglass with a backer board.  If not the backside will breakout and fracture the edges which will leak to cracks. However, gluing it is easier than screwing it together.  So unless it needs to be able to come apart, why not glue it.

At one time, plexiglass was a lot cheaper than lexan.  But I don't think there is much of a cost difference now.  Maybe 25% or so. Lexan is much more impact resistant, so why not use that... Unless you have sheets of Plexiglass lying around.  :-)

Dave