On Sat, Aug 11, 2018, 4:09 PM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, in "a" mode the bldc component can be used to convert resolver
> angle to commutation signals.

Sweet

Did your motor and drive start off life together?

No , I totally lucked into this motor from my favorite surplus outlet at
$200 to my door. I have swapped spindle motors 4 times in 2 years searching
for more power at liw speed. I figure at 6 hp , and 37.5 nm it ought to do
well. First I bought the wrong drive , then I bought the amt 31 encoder,
harness And programming cable only to find out that I did not need
bidirectional u,v,w signal for that drive.
I bought 2 wsdi bpu s3 32 30 drives 3 months ago for almost nothing. I have
verified these will function with sinusoidal commutatation by using 2 legs
of an old synchronous motor I had , I was also able to spin it with the
communication encoder , although I never got it stable , and I again
believe bilateral outpur us the issue. As I'm swinging an 8 inch facemill
the added torque of sinusoidal drive is very appealing.
Of note on the wsdi drive , I would have started with trying to get these
functional but it took me 3 months to get documentation .

If so, I would
> expect the resolvers to connect to the drive and for the drive to use
> the resolvers for commutation.
>
> My other possibilitiy is an amc resolver interface drive , it's around
> $400 so not in the near future
>
> > Correct me if I'm wrong been hashing docs in my spare time.
> > 1 open terminal , start hal session
> > 2 load bldc n qhi ??
>
> Not QHI if you don't have Hall sensors.
>
> > I seen an 8i20 confirmation on the forum , could I start with that ,
> > globally replace 8i20 with 7i90 ?
>
> No, the 8i20 is a motor driver, the 7i90 is an IO card.
>
> I will give it a shot sometime in the next 24
>

> --

atp