On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 6:45 AM Leonardo Marsaglia <ldmarsag...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was thinking about making a custom component for offsetting the index
> pulse on the encoders but I don't know if this approach will be reliable
> enough.

No.  DOn't do that.   It is far more accurate mohave the software
"remember" the number of steps between the index pules.  This As I wrote
above, this also provides a diagnostic that wiiltell you the machine is out
of adjustment  and needs help from a human.

I think with most motion control projects it is best to not build in
mechanical adjustments.  For example you screw the home switch in tight and
even Locktite the screws so it will never move.  Then if for some reason
zero needs to move you tell the software to "add 5" or whatever to the
values.   Anything that is adjustable will always get itself out of spec
require adjustment.

> --

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California