On Sunday 21 October 2018 11:19:01 Eric Keller wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM Leonardo Marsaglia
> <ldmarsag...@gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Same here, the list is very quiet but I'm receiving everything from
> > this topic.
> >
> > I have been seeing tons of threads in this folder, so I was a little
>
> surprised to see this subject.  Turns out that Gene Heskett always
> posts his threads in the developers list no matter how little
> developer-related it might be.  I send both lists and the machinkit
> list to the same gmail folder.
> Eric

So do I Eric, except here its a kmail folder. Same thing except the whole
email corpus is on this machine, not some other machine with a corporate
interest in what my email contains so they can more efficiently spam me.
And at least 80% of my posts goto the users list. The sudden onset of
following errors did seem to be a question that should be asked on the
developer list as it started w/o my doing anything except keeping the
machines up to date from master a couple times a week, and it was
rapidly answered, and fixed.

One thing I think I do well is playing the canary in the coal mine, so
stuff like this gets caught and publicized back to the developers
before it gets into an official release. In my case its a 99.99% total
loss shop, so being laid up for a bit while such things get smoothed
over does not disable an income producing machine.

I never did sub to the machinekit list since they tend to think the bbb
is the best, but its architecture needed a major rewrite of lcnc to run
on it. Or so it seemed to me. Here, running it on a pi 3b pushes the pi
a bit but still gives decent results.

My only pi os problem just showed up 2 or 3 days back, there is a new
video driver, I assume is faster, but it also married to the latest
raspbian kernel, which is NOT an RT kernel, and no one has built the
more recent RT kernels (that actually work)for the armhf yet. I have but
then how does one install it on a u-boot machine?. Questions about that
have been ducked or ignored on the raspian forum, little if any interest
in machine controllers there. And no interest in starting a mailing list
in that camp.  There are other, much faster one board sbc's (rock64) out
there, but with essentially zero support, much less than the pi has. So
I'm essentially stuck with the pi. I can build an RT kernel for the
arm64 on the rock64 in about an hour, but questions about how to install
it have been ignored on their forum, repeatedly. Ditto with odroid-c2.

Thanks Erik