On Friday 01 February 2019 15:10:44 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 06:37:25 -0500
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] For PCW

> >> Thanks, that was it.
> >
> > but the 7i76 acts like its not getting

> > Now, in setting it up in my .hal's, I can get pwmgen.1. out of p2 in
> > order to drive Jon's pwm-servoamp, and I have setup both pwmgens in
> > parallel, and I seem to be controlling spindir and spinena, but I am
> > not seeing the analog out on hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.spinout. Do I need
> > to apply a ground on tb4-1, and some of the local 12volts to tb4-3
> > just to demo that its working?  It makes sense but I'd druther be
> > safe by asking.
>
> Yes, the 7I76(D)s analog spindle control is an isolated potentiometer
> replacement device so needs an external 10 or 12V power source (15V
> ABS MAX) normally this comes from a VFD

ok, but then how do I enable a path from the 12 volts being fed to ena+
to ena-. ditto 5 volts to dir+, which should from what I'm reading, send
5 volts to the dir- terminal. The two supplies are separate, sharing a
negative common with +12 volts on ena+ but nothing, well 60mv maybe on
either dir- or ena-. The pwmgen.0.0.value is 3.1 and growing very
slowly, identical to pwmgen.0.1.value, and I can see the pwm with the
lalscope at either output. But I've no clue how to verify its getting to
the spindle i/o other than looking at the right gpio pins on the 5i25.
so obviously I do not know what I'm doing

Ok, that explains that.

> In addition to setting hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.spinout (to some fraction
> of the current scale value) you need hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.spinena set
> true to get analog out
 It is, set true by  starting the spindle. but no output at spinena>