Other than frame ground an AC Servo using 350VDC derived directly from the AC
power line (w/o a transformer) must never have that 350VDC connected in any way
to the instrument DC logic (or even transformer isolated DC relay/stepper
motors).

So now you have the issue of an encoder that uses 5V.  Intelligent Serial
Control or Step/Dir or even quadrature position signals all at 5V logic
referenced to the instrument bus.  Either optically couple all that at the
input of the AC Servo controller (gets expensive in both parts and board area),
or just use two processors on two boards with a high speed control signal
between them that is optically and physically isolated.

Once again shows how clever the designers are.   Were it not for the
discontinued driver device there would be many more of them out there.  The
size of this unit given the power capabilities is very small compared to a lot
of other units out there.  My issue right now is finding an inexpensive 3 phase
2HP motor I can swap into my Mill Spindle.  Ie. I have the cart  but not the
horse...

John Dammeyer
http://www.autoartisans.com