I second that.   Eagle used to be the only one that was stable and had a
decent library.  Then KiCAD gained a source of development funding with
CERN (yhe European physics lab) and they added some paid developers
and KiCAD "took off".   They leap frogged Eagle in only a couple years.

But Eagle was stangnating and not being developed formany years, then
Autodesk bought Eagle and now Eagle has a billion dollar company funding
further development.

Autodesk's stated goal is to closly integrate Eagle with Fusion because they
say (and I agree) that modern products are a combination of hardware and
circuits.    I very good example is a cell phone or a video camera or a
notebook
computer.  these are the kinds of products people buld and sell now.

I thought this know of integrated electronics/mechanics was not for
hobbyists but then
I find I'm doing it even in prototypes.  I just made a crash bumper for
acrobat with
integrated micro-switches and hardware switch debouncing.   It is a very
simple
device, not unlike the "home" switch on a mill  Just switches, an RC
filters and diode
and come connectors but non the less it is integrated mechanical/electronics
with electronics, springs and hard and rubber parts.   All so a little
machine can
stop if it collides with a wall or someone's foot.

That said, I move other to KiCad a while back. I and can export and import
PCB models,
Yes integrated would be nice but i don't chance PCBs that often.

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 11:52 AM Moses McKnight <mo...@mcktex.com> wrote:

> On 3/23/19 1:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > ...  Gotta learn geda and friends I guess.
>
> If you're trying EDA software, I found Kicad to be far easier to learn and
> use
> than Eagle or Geda - and it's quite powerful these days.
>
> Moses

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California