What I've been wanting someone to make are screw terminal breakout boards for
Pololu or StepStick sockets so that Step, Dir, Enable etc connections can be
made to bigger external motor drivers from a CRAMPS, RAMPS and any other small
control board made for use with those little drivers.
    On Saturday, March 23, 2019, 3:39:54 PM MDT, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 21:32, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> I inherited the CRAMPS board from Charles Steinkuehler,
> which he designed in Kicad.  While Kicad is not quite up to
> the level of Protel99, it definitely is getting close.

The STMBL project uses KiCAD. (Though they started with Eagle I think)
As far as I know there haven't been any KiCAD-caused problems, but my
involvement is fairly peripheral.

(f you don't know, STMBL is pretty much the perfect retrofit brushless
servo drive, as it will accept nearly any type of motor feedback and
can drive both brushless PM and induction motors. It talks Mesa
smart-serial for an all-digital command and feedback loop, but can
also work with step-dir, RS232 etc)