> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Personally I think that's a load of crap.  Usenet and email postings are
sequential.  Scrolling through hundreds of lines of text all indented with
various amounts of ">>>" depending on when it was posted is not only mind
numbing but leads to ignoring posts.  I've lost track of the number of times I
hit the X on the email when there are pages of old stuff that I just read on a
previous email.  Now I have to carefully scroll through to find the reply.  Not
worth my time.

If you are reading a once a week email of all the postings on a subject then I
can see wanting them all in order from top to bottom.   But otherwise it costs
far more in concentration and time.

But the idea that we should cater to lazy  people who don't read each posting
in the order it came is just rude.  That's why there are time/date stamps on
each email and your email program can sort them in order.  Then you start at
the first and read the original question.  Move to the next in that subject and
read the comment.

This isn't rocket science.   Look at any forum where the postings are even
indented and in most cases there might be a tiny bit of the previous subject
above the answer but not a week or more worth of indented postings.

I can run my 1995 Forte Free Agent, select Rec.Crafts.Metalworking and postings
from 1995 are in that same format.  Maybe a bit relating to the subject from
before the Linux Police showed up telling people they were rude.

IMHO