Greetings everybody;

I think I've got the coolant pump starting problem fixed.  Ignore that
faint knocking sound.

Now I would like to use a teeny little pushbutton (6x6x2.5mm tall)
between two solid parts of this machine for home and potentially as
limit switches.

However the amount of available overtravel after the switch has clicked
is quite limited unless this switch is mounted on something crushable so
that the getting stopped overtravel does not crush the switch like a
Coors can.

Is there a way to determine how much overtravel vs approach speeds is
occuring?

I ask because a wide open x or y move  can do around 220 ipm on this
machine, and that stopping distance is not an ignoreable distance when
the switch only has maybe .010" of overtravel after its clicked.

So I first would like to determine the maximum safe SEARCH_VEL I can use
for homeing, then from that, be able to set MAX and MIN LIMITS far
enough away from the crash stop to provide crash protection in the space
between the LIMIT set in the ini file, or how much crush room I have to
build into the switch mount?

Also, in attempting to minimize this stopping distance, what or how can
one detect a motor step slip if the ACCEL's are stopping the motor
faster than it can stop? Hopefully without pounding a $90 dial into
junk.

Thanks all;