That's what I've found.  When I run the test software to determine machine
latency the on board video provides the smallest number.  Any of the add on
boards I tried all gave much worse numbers.

Also, if I understand how this works, if the fastest speed required for
stepping is not to high then you won't get the messages.  But if your step
rates are up into 50kHz and higher then you get that warning once when you
start up LinuxCNC.

But I may have it all wrong.   For my current testing I get that message when I
use the parallel port but it doesn't appear to affect the step rates to the
drives.  I just dispose of the message.  But that's because I don't care at the
moment.  I'll switch to the MESA once the testing and development is done.

John