On 4/30/20 9:20 AM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
After some testing this is what happens:

G96 is reading the speed well because the feed appears noisy on screen. And
also If I set different max RPMs I get different feeds. The problem here is
that, whatever I do, I'm always clipping to max rpm. I tried to set the S
value really low like 0.5 and I get max rpm too.

Could this be a bug? Remember that the spindle works great at RPM mode.

G96SxxxDyyy sets initially to xxx MPM or FPM with yyy max spindle speed.

Sxxx M3 sets the speed while cutting.

What does the program actually say for the SxxxM3 line? As Andy asked, Is the X positive?

Ed.