Hi guys

I have a bit of a funny issue here

yesterday morning I started up the mill and the 7i76 encoder counter was
working perfectly.  I have been tuning my servo drives   (tuning inside the
drives itself using the spindle encoder feedback counter just for testing,
which worked perfectly.  my following error is now pretty good in all
axes.  I am stoked with that.

then late afternoon I made two more servo drive data cables and
connected them on to the mesa 7i76 card step direction pins.

I also connected all the servo drive enable wires together in common.  (I
have been running like this for the past several months.

after I did that the spindle encoder counter stopped working.

I am checking in the Hal configuration watch window in axis.  checking the
actual physical count.  so my Hal file should be irrelevant

Now all it seems to do is change from 0 to 1 on the count and there is not
any sense to the numbers changing.  it is not counting as it was before.

I am wondering if the problem is noise or something  (once again haven't
had problems before and all cables are shielded and shield is grounded
against servo drive connector

I have now removed my extra cables and am back to how it was working last
time.  also  i just checked all the wires with a multimeter in the servo
drive data cable and that looks good.  so I think i have narrowed out the
problem being the cable.  and it is connected exactly how it was yesterday
now.

Is it possible that the encoder card counter is damaged?  and if so how can
I test it?  I am a little stuck and it is so annoying!

But the servo drives are tuned now and I can run the machine and I will
have a 7i89 encoder card coming soon which should work.  But its always
concerning when strange things happen that I don't understand

regards

Andrew