On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 02:22, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read a post you made while ago saying that the 5v and 24v powersupplies
> need to be within a certain threshold to work well.  or else they need to
> be commoned together

This is really a question for PCW. I think that they need to be within
12 (17?) volts to work.

> so if I test between the 7i76 mesa 24 field power ground ( this is the same
> power as the servo drive control power)  and the logic 0v on 7i76 I should
> get close to 0v  is that correct?

The important thing is that the difference between + and - is a couple
of volts or so (positive or negative) and in both states the
difference between each input and 7i76 gnd is <12V (or possibly 17,
the number is in the manual)

--
atp
lunatics."