On Tuesday 02 June 2020 12:37:54 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 June 2020 11:48:18 Dave Matthews wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 11:39 AM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > No it is NOT!  The Cura slicer is windows only. And there will be
> > > a language barrier that prevents a request for that source code
> > > from ever being replied to.  Been there, done that too many times
> > > already.
> >
> > When I go to the Cura downloads page it lists - Ultimaker Cura 4.6.1
> > Linux, 64 bit
> >
> > https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura
>
> Ok, I'll bite, what the heck is an apimage?  Better yet, what do I do
> with it on linux?  Debian 9.8 TBE, all up to date.

Found the instructions, kewl!  But does take quite a while to launch 3
errors of the didn't find it type at launch, seemed to work.  Generated
a 1.5 megabyte gcode file all customized for a Creality Ender 3 Pro.

That "cat" is about 60% see-thru and nominally 2mm tall, says 40%.  Now I
need to go get that old pi3b, and install it to connect the OTG socket
to my local network.  Since I'm obviously not the first to do that, I
wonder if someone has made a box for that?  Making progress, no relation
to GE though. :)

Thanks Dave.

 - Louis D. Brandeis