On Wednesday 03 June 2020 06:10:18 andy pugh wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 07:27, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > 50% fill makes very strong parts, but 20% fill is strong
> >
> > > too.  I usually use 20% or 25% infill.  If I want stronger parts
> > > I'll increase the number of outer layers.
> >
> > I'll have to ask how you do that with cura?
>
> Presuming that the part has been placed on the bed in Cura.
> Then in the bar at the top, where is lists the printer, the extruder /
> material and the quality, click the quality section, and you will seee
> a drop-down of all the settings.
>
> Then in the "Shell" section you can choose how thick you want the
> wall, and how many lines.

okay.

> I think that if your printer can print at 100% then it is probably
> under-extruding. There should be only barely space for 100% fill, and
> so you would expect cumulative oozing errors to build up.

I don't think I see any of those.

> I typically print at no more than 25% fill, and for foundry patterns I
> am down at 5% to save time.

In this example, the base hub seems fairly solid, I don't have a tool
capable of cutting the nut pocket clear as it has a thin film of
adhesion layer across the opening that will need cut away before a nut
can be inserted.

it stuck real well, and didn't even start to come loose until the bed was
down to 30C.  Then it came off clean And the sprocket section still
looks like a 50% fill. Tooth finish is very rough. Nothing like the OD
and both faces of the hub.

I resaved the sprocket so I have a good starting point for the next run.
This one might be usable, but I'd like to see a better finish on the
sprockets teeth. I can visualize a pile of rubber debris from the XL
belt on the table below this one.

But before the next run, reset the z home about 3 or 4 mm lower, the hand
wheels to level the bed are so high they out of spring.  And find some
washers for the spool holder, the screws are bottoming in the channel
and leaving the holder loose so it can tilt 10 degrees either way.  And
the edge of the bed and the psu are touching & dragging on the Y axis
some. I am wondering it theres a small diff in the lengths of the
pre-assembled Y and bed "H" cross pieces and its been assembled with
them swapped. Theres a good 1/2" of clearance between the left edge of
the bed  and the left leg. Stranger things have happened. ;-)

 - Louis D. Brandeis