Thanks Andy,
> From: andy pugh [mailto:bodge...@gmail.com]
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 21:34, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:
> >
> > The backlash removal will be a major project.
>
> Maybe https://www.denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3727

I have plastic on the Z of my CNC Router.  It doesn't move too fast.  I think
the 180 IPM I'm running with the mill plastic of any sort is a non starter.

> Or possibly:
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/72BgoRiKeGmQqDHs9
But I like this idea.

> There is a GTEN RSH ballnut in there. They are rather slim but have an
> external ball return to deal with. That particular one was
> special-order with preload.

The RSH is doesn't come in 25mm but the RSU 2505-4 looks like it would be
workable.  The next time I take the table off I'll do more detailed
measurements.  I have some latitude on placement height as both ends of the
table bearing mounts are custom castings.

http://www.autoartisans.com/mill/XAxis-AlmostDone4.jpg

The LHS has angular contact bearings and the holes although marked out
symmetrical turned out to not match up to poorly positioned holes in the table.

The other side where the power feed used to live turns out wasn't any better
and there the shaft just floats in a radial bearing.
http://www.autoartisans.com/mill/RHS_BearingHolder.jpg

Cheap mills come with a price...