Hi all,

I'd rather not share the same Ethernet connection for both the machine-internal network and general networking (browsing the internet, etc.). Just because this will expose components of the machine to the rest of the network, usually without authentication or similar protection measures.

My suggestion is to use a USB-Ethernet adapter, but use this for the non-realtime stuff (i.e. internet connection) and the internal true Ethernet port to connect to the machine.

Regards,
Philipp