So,  in a vaguely CNC related folly I have purchased a 2 axis military dish
mount for radio stuff (moonbounce, if you must know)

My plan is to control it from EMC, with a Mesa anything io card and the
resolver interface, I already have various Mesa cards under EMC, so thats
not an issue and I have a spare 5i23 PCI card and the isolated IO duaghter
card, so with the resolver card I should be able to uses the resolvers, and
pick up the limit switches on the IO card. I can just use some Python
script to work out the moon position and generate "G1 X285.4, Y23.8" or
whatever MDI motion commands every 15 seconds or so to track the moon,  not
a problem.

Now, the question is driving the two phase AC servos.   Generating vast
quantities of 50 or 400Hz or whatever AC for the drives is simple enough, I
can just use a couple of large Class D amplifiers, no worries. Generating
the AC low level signals to drive these .... basically, it needs a constant
50Hz signal on one coil of a fixed level, and a variable level sine wave on
the other coil, at either +90 or -90 degrees depending on which way it
needs to go.

Is it possible to use HAL or something to generate the variable level 50Hz
servo drive signals and output them from the PWM outputs on the resolver
card?

--

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: ro...@redpoint.org.uk
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.