On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 10:21:57 AM UTC+1, Floh wrote:

> Hi, I just got a bug ticket in one of my projects from a user who has
> trouble setting up the emscripten SDK because of an SSL certificate
> validation error in the emsdk script when downloading the file
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/mozilla-games/emscripten/packages/emsdk_unix_update.tar.gz.

I have the same problem, but on MacOS/X 10.11.5. Having download
https://s3.amazonaws.com/mozilla-games/emscripten/releases/emsdk-portable.tar.gz,

and unpacked it, I can't get beyond `.emsdk update`, which produces the
following error from urllib2:

urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>

I think that the route cause of thie error is explained
at http://stackoverflow.com/a/27826829/685715 - this says that the problem
should be fixed in openssl 1.0.2. I have 2 versions of openssl

  - Version provided by mac OS/X: /usr/bin/openssl, version 0.9.8

  - Version provided by macports: /opt/local/bin/openssl, version 1.0.2

So which version will be used when I run `./emsdk  update` ? If it turns
out to be the older version, how do i force it to use the newer version, in
the hope that this fixes the problem?

Matt