On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 5:43:31 PM UTC+2, Brion Vibber wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Morten W. Petersen <mor...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd tell you all that I've worked a bit with Emscripten lately,
>> and managed to port the
>> Xiph.org OGG/Vorbis demuxer and decoder using Emscripten.
>>
>> The example is here:
>>
>> http://blogologue.com/player/
>>

> Nice!

Thanks. :)

You might also want to check out my ogv.js project, which plays audio and
> video from Ogg and WebM files: https://github.com/brion/ogv.js

Yes I did have a look at that as a possible solution for me, but I think I
found it too big a project,
as I'm aiming squarely at audio.  At some point I'd like to make decoding a
lot faster than what
it is now.

I'd like to hear how you handle decoding, buffering etc. though - as
performance is acceptable
if 10-second chunks are decoded at a time for example.

>> It works in some browsers, but for example in Safari 5.1.7 (latest
>> available on Windows),
>> I get an error:
>>
>> INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11: An attempt was made to use an object
>> that is not, or is no longer, usable.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to debug that?
>>

> Safari for Windows is long-abandoned and isn't representative of Safari on
> Mac or iOS, unfortunately. To test how things work for actual Safari users
> you'll need to track down a Mac or iOS device. I can confirm it seems to
> work in Safari Technical Preview on macOS 10.12.

Yep.

I did find a list of WebKit-based browsers here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers#WebKit-based

I think testing against one of those will be good enough for a while, as
Floh reported the player did
work on Safari now (without me having done any testing against it).

-Morten