On Wed 2015-02-04 17:28:48 -0500, Doug Barton wrote:
> Nope, I understood the timeline perfectly. :)  There are still a lot of
> Linux distros that use 1.x by default, and that is not going to change
> any time in the next several years.

fwiw, in debian, the GnuPG maintainer team has been discussing how to
move to gpg2 as a default after the release of jessie.  We are not
actively pursuing it right now due to the freeze, though.

This will take a while to propagate to debian stable, of course, and
it's still not a forgone conclusion.  There's work to be done to make
sure that it comes out OK.

However, the linux distributions are the least of your worries, since
even the ones that ship gpg *also* ship gpg2.  I'd be happy to make the
enigmail package depend on gpg2 even if we never manage to make gpg2 the
default version of gpg in debian.

        --dkg