On 12.02.18 21:45, David wrote:
> I can 'check the box' but it does not stay. I can change the wording of
> the 'encrypted Subject wording' and it stays changed. The feature does
> not change the entered Subject:.
>

> Suggestions please?

I think there's an error in the preferences dialog - the value from the
GUI is not related to the preference used in Enigmail.

You got a dialog asking you if you want to enable "Encrypted Subjects"
or not. If you didn't click on "Encrypt Subjects" then the feature is
off by default and you can turn it on for every message individually. To
change the behavior, you can change the hidden preference
"extensions.enigmail.protectedHeaders". Setting the value to 2 will
enable the feature permanently.

-Patrick