On 2018-04-14 18:30, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> Your patch may be fine for English, but not for any other language.
> You'll need to replace the /^Re:/ according to the correct locale. For
> example, in German it would be "AW:".

The problem vaguely occurred to me, but I have no idea how to deal with
this properly (presumably there is some way to look up the translation
of "Re:" in the current locale, but there's no reason the email needs to
have been sent with the same one).

So I took inspiration from Enigmail.msg.fixMessageSubject():

    let r = subjElem.value.replace(/^(Re: )+(.*)/, "Re: $2");

which I'll happily admit still doesn't make it ideal, but I'm not sure
what else to do.

Oh, and I did skim a few non-English newsgroups to see what replies look
like, and found only "Re: ".

Having said all that, a thought occurs to me--I'm not sure how TB
*detects* the Re: in the first place, but if something similar is
guaranteed to be there, could we just delete the first word?

Ed