On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:28:13 +0000 Stephen Houston <smhousto...@gmail.com> said:

> Oh I almost forgot. Please please please full width as well. No one does
> the centered page with large left and right margins anymore. Use the space,
> don't waste it. Full width will make documentation much easier to read as
> well.

I think you're incorrect. People who publish for a living professionally would
tell you otherwise. Reading long lines is hard. I'm just going to take 5 major
media publications as an example:

http://www.smh.com.au/
http://www.bbc.com/
http://edition.cnn.com/
http://www.nytimes.com/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/

No one does it anymore? Really? Professionals who produce content to read have
no idea what they are doing?

We read down with short lines much better than across, so keep lines short-ish
and pan vertically.

https://baymard.com/blog/line-length-readability

Waste space if necessary. Unless you want to flow columns across the screen
like a newspaper and scroll horizontally. Good luck with making that work well
with a wiki like dokuwiki. Or manually manage content to have their own private
column within a page.

Keep the site as it is. I did this very specifically for a reason because it
makes it easier to read and more visually pleasing. The professionals agree and
the examples in daily life are all around you.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com