On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 15:29:42 +0100 Marcel Hollerbach <m...@bu5hm4n.de> said:

> On 02/12/2018 03:17 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > Ok... let's go back in time a few hours to "earlier today" with efl +
> > terminology.
> >
> > Take terminology back to 878def120e38916c7eb6cfce250d4aaf4701ca56
> > Take efl back 1 commit to dc70d5cb55a495cb2d50af9f97ec71c67c7a0ee0
> >
> > Terminology window sizing works right (the window is the correct size at
> > show time thus it positions correctly with smart placement). shift+pgup
> > works. also i don't get a mystery "focus rectangle" from elementary around
> > my terminal if i hit any arrow keys (up/down/left/right).
> >
> > now just take efl forward 1 commit to
> > 56beb861e83cbc830c82db7473e0a88461e2e213 (focus related commit by bu5hm4n)
> > and focus in terminology is broken. more specifically focus the terminology
> > window and any input in terminology doesn't work until i click on the
> > terminal. so I'd say this efl change breaks "Existing applications" and
> > their focus. Sucky but ... reality. :(
>
> Uhm, what ? How can this be, as far as i remeber there is no focusable
> elementry widget in terminology (the normal view not talking about
> settings), what is called now is evas_obeject_focus_set on the window
> object, so the same as before... o.O (only to a later point). Where does
> terminology grab keyboard input from ? where does it get the events for
> focus from ?

that's correct. it's edje objects and smart objects and textgrid etc. right now
i'm assuming the efl commit above is "an error" and have my efl back one commit
before this assuming this will get fixed... it's late enough at night to
find/hunt these... :)

this is more a "this morning it worked, for me... now it does not once i update
efl and terminology" so i started hunting down as to what/why hoping maybe
it'd be a simple fix. the efl commit is small, but there are a lot of
terminology ones... and there's a bunch of bugs that suddenly appeared. :(

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com