On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 14:26:30 -0400
"William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt...@obsidian-studios.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 01:49:23 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> >
> >  either sigchld is not happening to the parent (child
> > process is not exiting or broken kernel)
>
> You can see no entrance_client process in ps output. That process was
> ended. But the defunct X and bash maybe a problem.
> https://travis-ci.org/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/jobs/363681776#L1261

What is also odd here, is no output from entrance_client, it should
log stuff as part of it stopping. Like it did on previous runs where it
got stuck
https://travis-ci.org/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/jobs/363371263#L1242

INF<9639>:entrance ../src/daemon/entrance.c:37 _signal_cb() signal 15 received
INF<9639>:entrance_client ../src/daemon/entrance.c:190 _entrance_client_data()
../src/bin/entrance_client.c:83 connect shutdown
INF<9639>:entrance_client ../src/daemon/entrance.c:190 _entrance_client_data()
../src/bin/entrance_client.c:85 gui shutdown
INF<9639>:entrance_client ../src/daemon/entrance.c:190 _entrance_client_data()
../src/bin/entrance_gui.c:234 Gui shutdown

As mentioned previously

That got stuck and never logged "login shutdown".
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/blob/master/src/bin/entrance_client.c#L87
The message shown comes from entrance_gui_shutdown();
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/blob/master/src/bin/entrance_gui.c#L234
I cannot see anything there that would cause that to hang, but it never
makes it to "login shutdown"

At least before I was seeing some output from entrance_client when it
was being stopped. Now I am not getting anything from entrance_client,
and the process is stopping.
https://travis-ci.org/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/jobs/363681776#L1306

I recently added that "terminate client" just to confirm the conditional
is being hit that contains ecore_exe_terminate.
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/commit/380e8b679ba826eceb6c4cfb75728dbfedeabe6c

I guess I can try increasing the timeout to greater than 30 seconds.
Maybe I am trying to stop things to quickly and not allowing time
for full and complete startup.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.