Hello.

On 17.05.2018 18:47, Mike Blumenkrantz wrote:
> I think we should make it a policy going forward that the stabilization
> period cannot begin until all pending patch submissions have been reviewed.
> There are still a ton of patches out there which haven't been looked at,
> and "I didn't feel like reviewing patches" should never be a reason why
> patches don't make it into a release.
>
> This doesn't mean that all patches need to be merged, but patches submitted
> during a release cycle should at least be reviewed during that cycle.

My take on this is that we should aim for encouraging people to look at
patches and do reviews. This encouragement should not come by a policy
forcing them to do it.

And if we want to go back to time based releases this would not fly.
Holding up the release for patches to be reviewed is basically the same
as holding it up for a feature to be merged. Both require developer time
that might or might not be available at the time for the release.

regards
Stefan Schmidt