On May 8, 2018 12:41 PM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> On 04/27/2018 01:38 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > Its been a while. About to get our act together and get everything in place
> > so we can start the 1.21 stabilization phase.
> >
> > We had this brought up at the two IRC meetings we had and I wanted to reach
> > out here as well to understand what pieces people here are
> > working on that need finishing before we can go start stabilization.
> >
> > I know from Cedric that he still has two branches he wants to get merged (a
> > third one was going in already). Supposedly this should happen
> > this week.
> >
> > What else is it that we are working on? If you have something, speak up NOW!
>
> There sadly has not been as much progress as hoped for.
> I still wait for the following items:
>
> o Cedric's last branch to be merged (lifecycle?). What is the status here?
> Maybe its to massive to get landed for 1.21? I have been told it
> would be merged like 10 days ago.

Yes, I have found much more mistake than anticipated and some hack that I
didn't know we had. I have fixed all the hack. I am now reviewing all the
warning that elementary tests suite is triggering and see if they are genuine
or unrelated. I know there is still a problem during shutdown with how focus
expect the parent object to always be there during destructor. The branch can
already run enlightenment, terminology and the C# bindings fine. I am hoping to
land this as soon as possible, but I don't want to rush it either.
  It is difficult to say how much more work around our inconsistent previous
lifecycle I might discover and need to untangle, but hopefully I will be done
very soon (a matter of days).

> o https://phab.enlightenment.org/D5908 needs review
> o https://phab.enlightenment.org/D6046 needs review
> o Comments on the flat theme from Raster
>
> Once we have these sorted we can start with the stabilization phase.
> As we have no date for this yet I can only give a rough schedule to give
> people an idea.
> This needs to be updated once we start with the alpha.
>
> === Schedule ===
>
> Day X Merge window is over.
> -   Only bug fixes from this point
> -   Alpha release tarball
> -   We really need to sort out if we have bigger issues lingering around due
> to all the last minute rush
>     Day X+14 Beta1 release tarball
> -   Only critical fixes from this point
>     Day X+21 Beta2 release tarball
>     Day X+28 Beta3 release tarball
>     Day X+35 Beta4 release tarball
>     Day X+42 EFL 1.20 is out
>
>     As you can see I would expect more time for stabilization this time. Its
> a huge release with many, many changes and some last minute rush. I also
> expect all the folks brining in the big changes to stand by and fix the bugs
> introduced.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Cedric