On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:17:03AM +0200, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> If I look around at other long term distro releases I can see this:
> - Debian stable has a recent backport
> - Ubuntu 18.04 (LTS) does ship 0.45.1 and I can't find a backport -> problem
> - Fedora has 0.47.2 back to fedora 28 and Fedora EPAL 7
> - OpenSuse Leap 15.0 actually offers 0.46.0 while Leap 42.3 is still on
> 0.40.1
>
> To mean that means I would like to know if you consider Leap 42.3 an
> important target for an upcoming EFL release (does it actually have all
> the other deps fr such a new release?). Also we need to find out if
> there are backports of meson >= 0.46 for Ubuntu 18.04 which I have not
> found.

There's no existing backport but one has been requested:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bionic-backports/+bug/1815092

I did a quick test, meson 0.49 builds in 18.04 with no changes & no
additional backports.  So I think this can be overcome for Ubuntu 18.04,
though it may need someone to push it along.

Ross