On Mon, 5 Sep 2022 11:16:03 +0200 Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> said:

> Hi,
>
> just a question if there is a Discord[1] Server for Enlightenment Users
> & Developers? What is your opinion about to create one?

Why not just use matrix? Have you tried it? If you want a "modern works on
mobile apps and works in a web browser" kind of chat experience, matrix
provides that - e.g. use element.io to access matrix and the #e channel ...
which is the same as the libera #e irc channel. What is it about discord that
is specifically better than Matrix+Element in this case?

I agree - modern tools are good. Matrix + element provide that AND provide a
link back to old IRC. It means the channel is not owned by some company that
might change policies in future.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com