Am Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:25:58 -0400 schrieb Christopher Michael:

> Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:
> > Hello gang,
> >
> > I'm sure some of you have (passively) read some of the discussions
> > that are occurring on #edevelop from time to time regarding the
> > direction this project is taking. I am mainly talking about E17, the
> > window manager, and not the entire EFL.
> >
> > The main discussion was centered about how we're developing E17 and
> > where its going. We now have two places where we keep TODO items and
> > bugs, the TODO file in apps/e, and bugzilla.
>
> Well, imo, this is just silly to have things in two places. From what
> I have noticed so far, not too many people are actually using the
> bugzilla for e17. Users appear to be entering bugs there, but noone
> appears to be paying much attention to it. I do what I can
> there...fixing things, sorting invalid bugs vs legit ones, but alas I
> am only one person with a set amount of time available and would
> rather not be spending it mucking with bugzilla.
> The way things are going,

Interesting information. I'll think about if it worth again to write
feature requests or bug reports for E17 in the future. If nobody reads
it, I could save this work. :-(

I've CVS write permission, but I think you'll not that happy if I
insert my requests direct into TODO, not? :-)

So a system like bugzilla is really needed. I don't understand your
problem. You get an email from bugzilla with the content of the new
post. So no need to use a web browser. And if you like to change
something, then click on the link and it opens in the web browser. You
could close it one minute later after posting your comment.

As natural there're everytime two groups of people. That one requesting
the bugs and that one fixing the bugs. Both are important and needed!
In my experience "external" testers are more effective that if the
developer tests his own code. The testers also spend many time in
writing bug reports, create gdb traces and so on. Don't forget this
work!

regards
Andreas