On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:57:52 -0700 Dave Ray <cl...@jonive.com> said:

> > did you read **carefully** the above line. See the
> >
> > -llua
>
> No I didn't read carefully. My bad. Ok, I retried it with -llua and
> EDJE compiled just fine. Thanks you!
>
> I share your frustration with the LUA implementation.

this is a fundamental issue with lua upstream. they simply don't want to join
the modern world. if you want to use lua upstream directly-as-is... you will
continue to have such problems. i know i'm in no mood to work around such
silliness. ALL they need to do is provide a .pc file - a single tiny text file.
the work has already been done for them by several linux distributions. it gets
patched to provide this file and to also build shared libraries (.so's
vs .a's).

as such my suggestion is to find and adopt the patches applied by linux
distributions to your lua install. sanity will then be restored.