------- Original Message -------
Sender : Tom Hacohen<tom.haco...@partner.samsung.com> Engineer/STRI-SLP RTL
Language supporting/Samsung Electronics
Date : Sep 22, 2011 17:30 (GMT+09:00)
Title : Re: [E-devel] Evas Patch - Dashed Underline Support

On 22/09/11 05:39, SHILPAONKAR SINGH wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The attached patch adds dashed underline support to evas_object_textblock.
> dashed underline can be enabled by assigning "dashed" value to underline tag.
> dash underline's parameters can be controlled by manipulating dashgap and
> dashwidth tags to get different sized dash lines(by making dashgap=1 and
> dashwidth=1
> we can even get dotted style).
> Please review the patch and let me know your opinion.

Thanks for the patch, I reviewed it and it looks good, but I have 1
comment, and one thing I'm not entirely sure about.

Comment: DRAW_FORMAT_SPEC should probably be named DRAW_FORMAT_DASHED.

As for what I'm not sure of:
Since underline, dashed-line, and in the future, squiggly-line, can't
co-exist (or at least shouldn't), it makes sense (to me) that all the
colours will be shared among all the underlines, and that we'll have an
enum defining the underline style. This is neater, and also, this will
let us easily extend dashed-line and squiggly-line to work with
underline2 (but not a must).

Bottom line, I suggest keeping it internally in an enum instead of a
couple of booleans so the structure will be nicer, what do you think?

Also, please add related tests to evas's test infrastructure
(src/tests/evas_test_textblock.c).

Thanks,
Tom.