On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:58:33 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:34:25 +0900 Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyu...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
> > I raise this issue again.
> > We need pre/post-commit hook for formatting, whitespaces, and whatever.
> > webkit already does this job.
>
> that assumes you have something that can either 1. enforce formatting rules
> properly everywhere (and then compare post-commit code as-is vs post-commit
> code with formatting enforced and reject code based on that - or commit
> updated formatted version). or 2. a script/tool that can detect all your
> formatting wants.
>
> we have neither right now. we are CLOSE to having 1. mike worked a lot on
> ecrustify (uncrustify with changes), but last i threw it at some code it made
> a dogs breakfast of some things.
ecrustify has issues with function pointers and some comments. I think it works
perfectly aside from that, so if someone wants to try figuring that out then
that's the place to start.

> if you want to fix formatting like above - you need an automated formatter
> that works for everything we have. get that working and we can talk :)
>
> > Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:00 PM, David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Automated emails might just go to spam, don't hurt that much.  Unless
> > > you intend to not accept the commit and make them do it over.  That
> > > will hurt enough.
> > >
> > > --
> > > A big old stinking pile of genius that no one wants
> > > coz there are too many silver coated monkeys in the world.

IMO starting with just whitespace stripping would be good.

--
Mike Blumenkrantz
Zentific: Doctor recommended, mother approved.