On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:08:48 +0300 Markus Törnqvist <m...@nysv.org> said:

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 06:00:36PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>
> >>  Modifiers should be an easy addition, I would think.  Up to Raster to
> >> determine how he wants Rage to behave.
> >
> >i could have ctrl or alt etc. with arrows keys jump a different amount - but
> >then do we keeep or disable the accel? not sure.
>
> I tentatively like the different amout of rw/ff as it is.
>
> But what do you think about other mplayer-like shortcuts, mainly maybe
> o for on-screen display?

umm why? if you move your mouse osd comes.. then goes away (if not in audio-only
mode) assuming your mouse is somehting you use. any key controls to ff/rw etc.
cause osd controls to appear too assuming you are controlling things right now
and want some status etc. ... i tried to make the default out-of-the-box
behavior as "obvious" as posssible to need as little manual stuff like "turn
osd on" as possible. it could be a "toggle osd forced to stay on/off" but atm i
fail to see a good reason. enlighten me?

> Having modifiers like ctrl for "other things" would allow ctrl-o to
> be an open file dialog maybe, instead of affecting the usual behavior.
>
> Looking good tho!

i didnt really see the point of an open file dialog... as u can dnd onto rage
from your fm... :) multiple files accepted. :)