On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 09:06:46PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:30:28 +0300 Markus Törnqvist <m...@nysv.org> said:

> > >umm why? if you move your mouse osd comes.. then goes away (if not in
> > >audio-only mode) assuming your mouse is somehting you use. any key controls
> > >to ff/rw etc. cause osd controls to appear too assuming you are controlling
> > >things right now and want some status etc. ... i tried to make the default
> > >out-of-the-box behavior as "obvious" as posssible to need as little manual
> > >stuff like "turn osd on" as possible. it could be a "toggle osd forced to
> > >stay on/off" but atm i fail to see a good reason. enlighten me?
> >
> > I'm a heavy user of the keyboard, so messing with the pointer doesn't feel
> > right. Especially not with keyboard-driven software like mplayer and maybe
> > Rage.
>
> almost everything is keyboard driven in rage. in fact osd appear/disappear is
> the only thing not explicitly kbd controlled - its implicit in any action - eg
> toggle loop mode, or pause/play or ff/rw etc. it comes on at any of these. i
> guess an o for that would be something that could be added.

I haven't tried rage yet (so don't know how much this does apply there),
but I use this shortcut in mplayer mostly to
show "progress bar" (current time and length), sometimes I keep it
enabled (if there is wide enough black bar at the top, so that osd is
outside the movie itself).

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com