Hello,

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> wrote:
> as I'm so happy I managed to port my OpenInfotainment In-Car prototype
> software to Raspberry Pi 2 here are some photos:
>
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3wpqTeeGOAHUVlOT3VuMmdyeWc&usp=sharing
>
> Everything depends on EFL and E20 itself. All processes are connected
> with DBus. I used libosmscout for the navigation map and cairo in an
> evas canvas to draw it. The GUI CPU load of the prototype is ok for
> the Raspi, so I could continue with the feature development. :-)

That's cool. Maybe that will get someone motivated to actually finish
eglfs support for RPi :-)

Is your code open ? I was wondering how you use cairo and if evas
vector graphics could actually help you there. Evas vector graphics
API is still in development, so there is still bugs there, but we do
already have better performance in software than cairo in many case
and I am very interested to see new use of it. Well, actually I would
love to see Elementary map widget have a backend that use Evas vector
graphics to draw the map, which is why I ask question here to figure
out how much work it could be :-)

> If you're interested I'll keep you informed about the state of this
> project on the list here.

Sure don't hesitate to keep us updated.

Cedric