On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> wrote:
> Am Fri, 8 Apr 2016 13:19:59 -0700 schrieb Cedric BAIL:
>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net>
>> wrote:
>> > as I'm so happy I managed to port my OpenInfotainment In-Car
>> > prototype software to Raspberry Pi 2 here are some photos:
>> >
>> > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3wpqTeeGOAHUVlOT3VuMmdyeWc&usp=sharing
>> >
>> > Everything depends on EFL and E20 itself. All processes are
>> > connected with DBus. I used libosmscout for the navigation map and
>> > cairo in an evas canvas to draw it. The GUI CPU load of the
>> > prototype is ok for the Raspi, so I could continue with the feature
>> > development. :-)
>>
>> That's cool. Maybe that will get someone motivated to actually finish
>> eglfs support for RPi :-)
>>
>> Is your code open ? I was wondering how you use cairo and if evas
>> vector graphics could actually help you there. Evas vector graphics
>> API is still in development, so there is still bugs there, but we do
>> already have better performance in software than cairo in many case
>
> I use some Esmart_Cairo code which I grabbed from E SVN years ago
> before someone deleted it for a me unknown reason.
>
> https://github.com/andreas-volz/oisp/blob/master/src/OISPNavigation_libosmscout/Esmart_Cairo.h
> https://github.com/andreas-volz/oisp/blob/master/src/OISPNavigation_libosmscout/esmart_cairo.c

Oh, interesting, I didn't know someone was using it :-)

> This is maybe not the best way. Navi CPU load is currently really high
> on the raspi. Also because my renderer thread is so bad. But as talked
> on the libosmscout list this would improve much by writing a real
> vector renderer (in Evas) instead of Cairo rendering and copying
> buffers.

Yes, I looked quickly at the code of libosmscout. It shouldn't be to
hard to use Evas vector graphics API to do something about it, but it
is not that simple as there is a two caveats. First we do not have
text support inside the vector graphics canvas, you need to put evas
text object on top. Second limitation and it is more a design one, we
manipulate object. So a better way of doing thing is to generate the
path once and then move it around. I am not to sure about libosmscout
behavior and how it can take advantage of EFL there, but definitively
you should be able to get something going quickly.

If you have time to experiment with it, I can point help and guide you
on where to look and explain how things work. Note: This is not a well
tested area of evas, but would definitively be nice to see this
improved. Another area that could get improvement is Elm_Map which
could get an libosmscout backend and thus avoid you the need to
maintain it in your application.
--
Cedric BAIL