On Sat, 9 Apr 2016 20:10:23 +0200 Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> said:

> Am Fri, 8 Apr 2016 20:59:51 +0200 schrieb Andreas Volz:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > as I'm so happy I managed to port my OpenInfotainment In-Car prototype
> > software to Raspberry Pi 2 here are some photos:
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3wpqTeeGOAHUVlOT3VuMmdyeWc&usp=sharing
> >
> > Everything depends on EFL and E20 itself. All processes are connected
> > with DBus. I used libosmscout for the navigation map and cairo in an
> > evas canvas to draw it. The GUI CPU load of the prototype is ok for
> > the Raspi, so I could continue with the feature development. :-)
> >
> > If you're interested I'll keep you informed about the state of this
> > project on the list here.
> >
> > I didn't yet decide about if I like to use emotion as audio player.
>
> Youtube update:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_zmu2uGu0Y

i thought the scrolling speed was bad (as disucussed - lots of copies and
conversions on the cpu. if you had a working gl driver this would be cut down a
lot). you may want to check if "dont composite fullscreen windows" is enabled
under composite settings in rendering in e.

runing in 16bpp is going to always cause extra conversion. with all sw
rendering just to get something updated on screen:

client:
  render in in 32bpp
  convert/copy + dither 32->16bpp
compositor
  copy 16bpp to client
  convert 16bpp to 32bpp
  render in in 32bpp
  convert/copy + dither 32->16bpp

if "don't composite fullscreen windows" is enabled ... your fullscreen app can
drop all of the compositor part of the pipeline.

if you run in 32bpp. then the conversions are dropped. if you have a gpu of
course the rendering is done by hw (you do have to ensure the client is using
gl too - change elementary_config settings to prefer some kind of
acceleration). you would need to go try the new experimental mesa support for
the vidcore gpu - it may mean building your own... or finding pkgs someone is
maintaining that do.

but scrolling speed. ok... your map rendering updates are like "go make a cup
of coffee an come back when it's done". :) what is going on there?