Hello.

Finally catching up on some things on the list.

On 08/09/2017 05:10 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 16:35:04 -0400
"William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt...@o-sinc.com> wrote:

If you all decide on accepting PRs from Github. A Gentoo developer
wrote a tool, Pull Request and Merge PRAM[1]. Its named Gentoo
specific, but it is NOT Gentoo specific.

It pulls a PR from Github, commits it to some other repo and closes
the PR on Github. Thus you can accept PRs from github, with a 1 way
read only mirror. I think it could be useful.

https://github.com/monsieurp/Gentoo-App-Pram

Turns out even after talking to an author this is Gentoo specific, but
can be used with some configuration. Talking to authors about making it
more universal. Either way it still could be of use, just needs some
configuration to not point at Gentoo stuff.

I checked it out. In the end you will have a way to pull of the patch from github but we still the problem of it not being in phab, where our review happens normally.

As of right now I want to keep the PR feature of github not used (I would have disabled it like I did with issues and wiki, but it is simply not possible).

If we get the tooling to get every PR from github moved to phab and closed and github we can think about that again.

Having people monitor yet another location for patches is something to avoid.

regards
Stefan Schmidt