On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:48:07 +0000 Stefano <pietran...@gmail.com> said:

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
> wrote:
> > i've been bitten twice by ati/radeon drivers on linux. i shall never again
> > go there. ever. my advice to anyone who comes with "XXX is broken on my
> > ati/radeon", which, to this very day is still the case. a recent case of
> > "it is broken on fglrx" but a move to radeon oss drivers made it work -
> > just recently here, i will instantly advise to switch gpu's. problems have
> > been minimal as long as i've avoided radeon/ati. i suggest people do the
> > same for their own sanity.
>
> Hi,
>
> in this regard, do you know where we can find a list of drivers/cards
> that work OK with E?

from personal experience anything from nvidia from an nv 6xxxx or better will
get you full gl accelertion. older and software should work fine. for intel -
skip the gma3150 - it's better never mentioned in polite company, but otherwise
any intel gpu from the GM45 on (except the prior aberration on). note that many
intel atom chips (older ones) use a non-intel gpu.

other than that it's basically "it depends". i couldnt say about any via cards
and most others are far too old, or we are talking embedded gpus - and there
it's a mess of what may or may not work, but i can say the tegra3 plus nvidia
provided drivers work well. i have had a tegra2 work before but can't verify
these days.