<mega-snip>...

Wow all. I'm the OP, and seriously did not mean to cause such a stir or
abrade old wounds with rock salt or anything.

I guess the bottom line is really "we all get to use Enlightenment for
FREE!". And we love it. It's Raster's baby, and he has the right to do
anything he damn well pleases with it. Period. If we don't like it,
we're free to fork it and provide fglrx functionality. Yeah, I'm using
fglrx (and it's a desktop card) so it's my issue. I too have many
issues with ATI beyond Enlightenment, so the suggestion from experience
was pretty well taken by me.

I'll admit, at first I was kinda mad, because compiz just 'worked', and
worked well. But after reading 'compiz' was hard coded into their
driver, I had to agree that their code is pretty lame. I tend to defer
to and respect the knowledge and experience of others. (There isn't
enough time to make all the mistakes yourself...)

Anyway, I'll be getting an nvidia card pretty soon most likely. Anyone
know of a good one that can drive three DVI 1920x1200 monitors on
Linux?

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune:
BOFH excuse #224:

Jan  9 16:41:27 huber su: 'su root' succeeded for .... on /dev/pts/1