At Sat, 1 Feb 2014 11:44:22 -0500 Enlightenment users discussion & support
<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Feb 2014 11:03:28 -0500
> Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >OK, next question.  evas_object_move() does not seem to be able to
> >'move' *windows*.  I can't find either a elm_ or evas_ function that
> >sets the position of a *window*.  Is there some function that does
> >this?  If so, where is it?  Or is there some other magic that does
> >this?
>
> I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but window 'remembers' save
> the position that the user sets to remember window positions for next
> invocation of said window. Also, there are functions that initially
> position the window per user pref (Settings->Windows->Window Display).
> Does that help? Setting a window's position on a screen inside your
> code kind of goes against whatever policy the user may have set. Is
> that really what you want to do?

In this case yes. The window in question will have override set -- it won't
have window manager decorations, so it can't be moved, etc. by the user. It is
not a 'normal' window. It is a sort of popup menu that I want position next to
the button that created it.  What is happening 'by default' is the the window
*always* shows up at 0,0 on the root screen (locked to the upper left corner).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / hel...@deepsoft.com